Webfoot.be is your essential meeting place on the web.
Football fans, professional or amateur, Belgian or foreign, will find on the website webfoot.be the perfect link with their passion. In just a few clicks, they will have access to all the information on football matches, past and future, but also on results, rules, significant news... in short, everything that makes them vibrate in the football world. Interactive, the site even allows them to become correspondents and share their passion with as many people as possible.
Never miss a football match again thanks to Webfoot!
Go to webfoot.be to live your favorite football matches live and in streaming, all completely free of charge. Above we offer you a list of the main matches taking place in the near future. Do you want to personalize this list and be informed of the evolution of your favorite matches? Register and, at each connection, have access to your personalized webfoot page.
Belgian football 2023 2024: everything you need to know about the new season
The 2023 2024 Belgian football season promises to be exciting, with a new format, ambitious clubs and young talent. Discover on this WEB site the key dates, the favourites, the stakes and the predictions of the Belgian football championship.
Belgian football is one of the oldest sports
Belgian football is one of the oldest and most prestigious in Europe. It has seen the birth of many talented players, such as Paul Van Himst, Jan Ceulemans, Enzo Scifo, Marc Wilmots or Eden Hazard. He also had moments of glory, such as third place at the 2018 World Cup or first place in the FIFA rankings in 2015 and 2020.
But Belgian football is not just about the national team, nicknamed the Red Devils. It is also a championship rich in emotions, with historic clubs like Anderlecht, Bruges, the Standard or Genk >. It is also a popular culture, with passionate supporters and local rivalries. It's finally a promising future, with young talents emerging and ambitious projects.
On webfoot.be, we will make you discover the Belgian fields in all its aspects: its history, its current events and its prospects. We are going to present to you the main players, the competitions, the results and the challenges of Belgian football. We are also going to give you some tips for following Belgian football at best.
Key dates for Belgian football 2023 2024
The 2023 2024 Belgian football championships and cups heralds an exciting season, with new formats, more ambitious football clubs and young football stars. Here are the key dates to remember so as not to miss anything about Belgian football:
- July 28, 2023: start of the classic phase of the Jupiler Pro League, the Belgian first division championship. The 16 clubs compete back and forth over 34 days until March 16, 2024.
- August 11, 2023: final of the Belgian Super Cup, which opposes the defending champion (Royal Antwerp FC) to the winner of the Belgian Cup (Club Bruges).
- September 17, 2023: start of the group stage of the Champions League, which includes three qualified Belgian clubs: Royal Antwerp FC (champion), KRC Genk (vice-champion) and Club Bruges (dam-off winner).
- September 19, 2023: start of the group stage of the Europa League, which includes two qualified Belgian clubs: KAA La Gantoise (third) and Cercle Bruges (fourth).
- September 21, 2023: start of the group stage of the Europa League Conference, which includes a qualified Belgian club: Union Saint-Gilloise (fifth).
- October 29, 2023: start of the 2026 World Cup qualifiers for the Belgian national team, which is in Group H with Iceland, Armenia, Liechtenstein and Saint -Sailor.
- December 18, 2023: draw for the knockout stages of the Champions League, Europa League and Conference Europa League.
- January 26, 2024: start of the round of 16 of the Belgian Cup, which brings together professional and amateur clubs.
- February 18, 2024: start of the knockout stages of the Champions League, the Europa League and the Europa League Conference.
- March 23, 2024: start of the final phase of the Jupiler Pro League, which is divided into three play-offs:the Champions Play-offs (for the title and European places), the Europe Play-offs (for a place in the Europa League Conference) and the Relegation Play-offs (to avoid relegation).
- May 18, 2024: final of the Belgian Cup, which is played at the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels.
- May 26, 2024: last day of the Champions Play-offs, which designates the Belgian champion and the qualifiers for the European cups.
The favorite Belgian clubs for the 2023 2024 season
Belgian football is renowned for being very competitive, with surprises and twists. However, there are clubs that stand out as favorites for the title or European places. Here are the main favorites of Belgian football:
- Royal Antwerp FC: the defending champions have kept their coach Mark van Bommel and their squad, reinforced by the arrival of Belgian international striker Mandela Keita. He is counting on his experience and his solidity to defend his title and shine in the Champions League.
- KRC Genk: the runners-up lost their coach John van den Brom to Ajax Amsterdam, but recruited Wouter Vrancken, who worked miracles with Mechelen. He relies on his collective and his youth to compete with Royal Antwerp FC and qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
- Club Bruges: the winner of the Belgian Cup has undergone a change of coach, with the departure of Philippe Clement and the arrival of Ronny Deila, former coach of Celtic Glasgow. He is banking on his stability and his ambition to win back the title and reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.
- KAA La Gantoise: the third in the championship has kept his coach Hein Vanhaezebrouck and his hard core, made up of experienced players such as Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe, Laurent Depoitre and Roman Yaremchuk. He hopes to regain his level of play and qualify for the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
- Cercle Bruges: the fourth in the championship has changed coach, with the departure of Yves Vanderhaeghe and the arrival of Miron Muslic, former assistant to Lucien Favre. He is counting on his freshness and surprise to confirm his good season and qualify for the round of 16 of the Europa League.
The challenges of Belgian football 2023 2024
Belgian football is facing several challenges, which will influence its 2023 2024 season. Here are the main challenges for Belgian football:
- Adapting to the new format: after three seasons with 18 clubs, the Jupiler Pro League returns to 16 clubs, with a play-off system similar to that of the 2019-2020 edition . This change aims to increase the quality and intensity of the championship, but it also means more pressure and less room for error for the clubs.
- European competition: Belgian football has managed to place six clubs in the European cups, including three in the Champions League. It's an opportunity to compete against the best clubs on the continent, but also a challenge to manage the busy schedule and avoid fatigue. Belgian football must also defend its UEFA coefficient, which allows it to have qualifying places.
- The generational transition: Belgian football has a pool of young talents, who are trained in club academies or abroad. Among them, we can cite Youri Tielemans (Aston Villa), Jérémy Doku (Manchester City), Roméo Lavia (Chelsea), Charles De Ketelaere (AC Milan) or Zinho Vanheusden (Standard). These players are expected to take over from the current national team, who are starting to age.
- Modernization of infrastructures: Belgian football suffers from a delay in terms of infrastructure, with outdated stadiums, not very comfortable and not very secure. Several renovation or construction projects for new stadiums are underway or in preparation, such as the National Stadium in Brussels, the Stade du Pays de Charleroi, the Stade du Standard de Liège or the Stade du Cercle Bruges. These projects aim to improve the attractiveness and profitability of Belgian football.
Predictions for the 2023 2024 Belgian Championship
Belgian football is unpredictable, with surprises and twists. However, it is possible to make predictions based on the strengths and weaknesses of each club. Here are the Belgian football predictions:
- The champion: Royal Antwerp FC. The Antwerp club has all the cards in hand to retain its title, with a competent coach, a solid squad and a substantial budget. However, he will have to face competition from Genk and Bruges, who will not give up.
- The dolphin: KRC Genk. THELimburg club showed great things last season, with attractive play and a prolific attack. However, he will have to adapt to the change of coach and manage the fatigue linked to the Champions League.
- The third: Club Bruges. The Bruges club lost its championship title, but it remains a serious candidate for the podium, with stability and ambition intact. However, he will have to strengthen himself in certain positions and avoid injuries.
- The fourth: KAA La Gantoise. The Ghent club has regained its level of play after a difficult season, with an experienced coach and a strong core. However, he will have to be more consistent and more realistic in front of goal.
- The fifth: Cercle Bruges. The Bruges club created a surprise by finishing fourth, with a dynamic game and an effective surprise. However, it will have to confirm its good season and strengthen qualitatively and quantitatively.
Predictions and advice on Belgian and foreign competitions
Consult the Free Predictions of the results of the Football matches of the day on all world competitions, by clicking on this direct link, one of the largest websites opens in terms of help for better predictions. More than 1000 competitions divided by country and continent, statistics and probabilities on the teams' chances of winning the match.
Cambodian football in full development
Discover Cambodian football, its federation, its national team , its leagues, its clubs and talented players. News of the day on a multitide of national, international and provincial competitions. Surf on this website and Khmer football will have no more secrets for you.
Belgium a country with a long sporting history
Football is a popular and thriving sport in Belgium. The country has a long history of success in football, and its men's and women's national teams have won numerous titles.
- What is the most popular football club in Belgium?
Club Brugge is the most popular football club in Belgium. He won 16 Belgian championship titles.
- Which is the most successful football club in Belgium?
Club Brugge is the most successful football club in Belgium. He won 16 Belgian championship titles.
- What is the most popular football league in Belgium?
The Jupiler Pro League is the most popular football league in Belgium. This is the first Belgian football division.